254 smo is a kind of austenitic stainless steel. Because of its high molybdenum content, so it has a very high resistance to pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion resistance. This brand of stainless steel is used for, such as water environment containing halide and the research and development.
Its C contains < 0.03%, the so called pure austenitic stainless steel (< 0.01%, also called super austenitic stainless steel). Super stainless steel, nickel base alloy is a kind of special stainless steel, the steel has good resistance to local corrosion performance, in the sea water, air, there is gap, low speed under the condition of scour, good pitting resistance (PI 40 or higher) and good resistance to stress corrosion performance, is the substitute material Ni base alloy and titanium alloy. First in terms of chemical composition, unlike ordinary stainless steel, is refers to the high nickel, high chromium and high molybdenum a high alloy stainless steel. One of the more famous is containing 6% Mo 254smo, 254smo also have good uniform corrosion resistance. Especially in acid containing halide, the steel is better than ordinary stainless steel
Due to its high tempering temperature (> 1000 F), 254 smo stainless steel pipe can be made by the surface treatment process, including conventional and ion nitriding, titanium nitride, and other coating or treatment processing. Nitriding surface hardness HRC is 60/65.
254smo stainless steel seamless pipes/tubes <manufactuer,supplier>products by 25%, 4% and 7% molybdenum nickel, designed for demanding applications that need special strength and corrosion resistance, such as chemical process, petrochemical industry, the water equipment super duplex stainless steel. 254smo stainless steel pipe/tubes with excellent resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking, high thermal conductivity and low thermal expansion coefficient. High chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen content to provide excellent resistance to pitting corrosion, crevice corrosion, and general corrosion.
Its impact strength is high. 254smo stainless steel seamless pipes/tubes is not recommended to use the application, need long-term exposure to the temperature higher than 570 ° F, because in the reduction of toughness.
AISI, ASTM, DIN, etc
|Place of Origin:|
KCM SPECIAL STEEL
254mo Seamless pipes/Tubes
Heat exchanger and condenser, etc
as customer's required
Packaging & Delivery
|Packaging Detail:||wooden cases or plastic by bundles as customer's required|
|Delivery Detail:||10- 30 days|
254sMO Seamless Pipes/Tubes For Heat Exchanger Bundle Tubes
01) Type: UNS s31254/254mo Seamless Pipes/Tubes
02) Process method: Cold drawn
03) Surface finish: Polishing(180#, 220#, 240#, 320#, 400#, 600#), Hairline, pickled, etc
04) Standards: ASTM/ASME A312/SA312, A269; ASTM B677; EN 10216-5; AISI; etc
05) Material: 254smo/1.4547/UNS s31254, etc
A) O. D.: 6.0mm-710mm
B) Thickness: 0.5mm - 60mm
07) Length: Max. 16 meters (fixed or random length)
08) Delivery conditions: Annealed, pickled & polished
Chemical Composition of 254smo
|C ≤%||Si ≤%||Mn ≤%||P ≤%||S ≤%||Cr ≤%||Ni ≤%||Mo ≤%||N ≤%||Cu |
254smo Seamless Tubes/Pipes
O.D.: Φ6 - Φ863.6mm, W.T: 0.5mm - 50mm
SCH 5,SCH 10,SCH 20,SCH 40,SCH 80,SCH 120,SCH 160,SCH XXS
ASTM/ASME A312/SA312, A269; ASTM B677; EN 10216-5; AISI; etc
254mo/1.4547/UNS S31254, etc
The main performance and applications
(a). Main features:
Ability has a strong resistance to corrosion and intercrystalline corrosion resistance, high PRE value and CPT/CCT. 254smo is a kind of austenitic stainless steel. Because of its high molybdenum content, so it has a very high resistance to pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion resistance. This brand of stainless steel is used for, such as water environment containing halide and the research and development. 254 smo also have good uniform corrosion resistance. Especially in acid containing halide, the steel is better than ordinary stainless steel.
254smo is a kind of austenitic stainless steel. Because of its high molybdenum content, so it has a very high corrosion resistance to pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion resistance ability, is a highly corrosion resistant super austenitic stainless steel, in view of the halide and acid environment and development, it is widely used in high concentrations of chloride ions in the medium, water and other harsh working environment. In acidic medium of all kinds of industrial occasions, especially in acid containing halide, 254smo is far better than the other stainless steel, some cases are comparable to those obtained and hartz alloy and titanium. Low carbon and high molybdenum content, make it has good resistance to pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion resistance, excellent intergranular corrosion resistant ability, is a kind of cost-effective stainless steel, widely used in chemical industry, the environmental protection in areas such as desulfurization at home and abroad.
Resistance to high temperature:
1. A lot of field experiments and extensive use experience has shown that even at a slightly higher temperature, 254smo in sea water also has the very high resistance crevice corrosion performance, only a few kinds of stainless steel with the performance.
2. 254smo in acid solution, such as paper bleaching for production and oxidizing halide solution with corrosion resistant capability of corrosion resistance of nickel base alloy and titanium alloy strongest than beauty.
3. Since 254smo has high nitrogen content, so its mechanical strength is higher than other types of austenitic stainless steel. In addition, the 254 smo also has the very high ductility and impact strength and good weldability.
4. High molybdenum content of 254smo can make it have a higher annealing oxidation rate, which has more than ordinary stainless steel after pickling rough surface. But the corrosion resistance of the steel without adverse effect.